Tuesday, May 4, 2010

12 Weeks to Better Photography- Week Ten


Landscapes. What more is there to say, other than you want a large depth of field?

landscape3

landscape2

Honestly, these aren't new shots. They're actually from January 2009, on the very first day we owned a dslr camera. I could ramble on and on about the crappy weather, the lack of sleep Lizzy and I have had recently, etc. etc. All are true, but the fact is that I just didn't get around to taking a new picture this week.

Speaking of landscapes, have you seen all the different landscapes that were submitted for Pioneer Woman's Landscape assignment? Some of them look more like paintings than photographs, don't they? I've seen a couple of people mention that they seem a little over-processed. They are quite processed, but not in the way that you might think--they're a growing form of photography called HDR Photography, or High Dynamic Range Imaging. Basically, you take three versions of exactly the same photo--one normally exposed, one over exposed, and one under exposed. Those three images are then merged into one image, which hopefully results in a greater-than-normal range of color and detail. There's good HDR Photography, and there's bad HDR photography. You can see the range in the Flickr Pool here. It's not really my style, but a lot of people seem to love it, and it's interesting nonetheless.

3 comments:

  1. Those are fantastic pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love the Pioneer Woman pics, but it's also not completely my thing. Definitely fascinating images. Seriously, the pictures are gorgeous BUT I just don't feel like they are honest. Totally cheating! ;) The one I like best is definitely the least edited (the shot of the huge valley with the person sitting on the edge). It's the only one that is gorgeous while still seeming REAL.

    I think you and I are in the same boat on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color in your landscape pictures! Looks great!

    I got back into the groove this week and participated too... see it here:

    http://living-lucky.blogspot.com/2010/05/12-weeks-to-better-photography-week-ten.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.