Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Funny

Yesterday I went to get an allergy shot, and I had a pretty funny interaction with a little girl who was about 4 or 5 in the waiting room. I had to share...

Little Girl: Hi! You have a baby!
Me: Yep, her name is Elizabeth. What's yours?
Little Girl: That's a pretty name. My name is Jenna. I have a friend named Izzie, and her little brother has Sophie the Giraffe too.
Me: Oh really? That's pretty cool.
Jenna: Yeah, I know! He likes it a lot. And so does Elizabeth! Izzie goes to church with me at the pretty building that I like a lot.

{Jenna and Elizabeth make faces at each other and laugh at each other for about 3 minutes}

Jenna: Where are you going after this?
Me: We are going to the mall.
Jenna: REALLY?! So are we! Hang on a second.

{Jenna scribbles something on a piece of paper}

Jenna: Here's our phone number. You can call us when you get to the mall so we can go shopping together!(Note: the funny thing here was that I could tell it was their home phone number, not a cell phone) 
Me: Oh Jenna, you did so good writing these numbers, I think you should keep this and show your mom.
Jenna: {Sighs} She already knows that I can write my numbers! 
Me:  Well, I am not sure if your mom would want you to give me your phone number.
Jenna: {Sighs again} Well, we will be at the playground at the mall in twenty minutes. You can just meet us there, okay?
Me: I don't know if we are going to that part of the mall, but I'll tell you what, if we see you at the mall, we'll wave and say hi, okay?
Jenna: Will you wave anytime you see me, not just today?
Me: Sure.
Jenna: Oh good! See you in twenty minutes with your daughter Elizabeth and her Sophie the Giraffe. You can call us if you get lost.

Afterwards, I called Justin and told him that someone had just given me their number for the first time in years. He was a little perturbed, until I told him it was a 4 year old girl!

11 comments:

  1. Haha that is awesome! Her mom has to have a chat with her about talking to strangers though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it!! that is pretty much the cutest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see her at the Mall and say hi?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little kids are so cute but, i would be a little worried about who all she has given their phone number to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, that is hilarious! Clearly they haven't had the talk yet about talking and sharing with strangers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is absolutely fabulous. What a funny little girl!! Kids crack me up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha aww... The innocence of children, gotta love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! That is funny... her poor Mama with that outgoing personality!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little girl but I think mom needs to have the don't talk to strangers talk with her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the cutest story ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.