Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Things I Like A Lot: Throwback


Have you guys tried Pepsi Throwback? It's Pepsi, but made with real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. J and I saw it while we were out shopping on Saturday, and picked up a case. Granted, using real sugar is probably only marginally better than high fructose corn syrup, but I actually like the taste better. It isn't quite as sweet, and doesn't taste as syrupy to me.

The carton says it's for a limited time only...but I really hope they keep it around!

Also, I recently read that Pepsi has also launched Pepsi Natural, which is made with sparkling water, sugar, and kola nut extract. It isn't available around here (only available in Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Las Vegas and New York)....has anyone tried it?

8 comments:

  1. I don't drink much pop, but my husband LOVES the Mt Dew Throwback. We had it around here for quite awhile last year, but now we can't find it anywhere. I sure hope they come back with it. Even though I don't care for a lot of pop, I think it taste better and I'd rather eat real sugar than high fructose corn syrup anyday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you made me want a soda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Pepsi Throwback! I want them to keep it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually only drink root beer or coke zero but we have a case of the pepsi and mtn dew through back and once in awhile I splurge and have one. I think they are much better then the regular stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this, but now I want to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may be only marginally healthier for you, but it's worlds better for the environment. Freaking corn industry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know where in Portland? i'm going there next week....

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVe the throwback!!! It is so yummy. I am going to Vegas in a few weeks j will try the natural and report back

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.