Thursday, July 30, 2009

The weirdest thing just happened to me...

Justin had to work tonight, so Kaitlin, her mom and I went to see The Ugly Truth (very funny btw), and as we were walking out to our cars, I realized that my car wasn't where I parked it. I started looking around, and saw it in the next section over. My first thought was "Oh crap, I hope I didn't bump the e-brake out of place" (it comes out easily and I've bumped it with my purse before as I'm getting out as I'm sure some of you remember). But as I walked over to the car, the e-brake was pulled, AND it was in gear.

None of our stuff was missing from the car (including several guitars and music equipment). We only have one key from the dealer, so it isn't like my husband or someone was playing a joke on me. I KNOW where I parked since I parked near a specific car that was still right next to where I had originally parked.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the prior owners happened to see the car and still had a key? I have no idea...this is so weird.

Why does this stuff always happen when I'm home alone?!?

Edited to add-- And if y'all tell me that I have pregnancy brain and forgot where I parked, I will kick you in the shins. I KNOW WHERE I PARKED DAMNIT!

3 comments:

  1. Badass. I propose a second theory: Once in high school I was chillin with my friend. We approached what we both believed to be his red van. He unlocked it and was turning the key in the ignition when we realized, shit, this isn't his van at all, it's an identical van. So. Maybe that was it.

    Or maybe--because I can't resist--you have acute pregnancy brain...?

    And yes, I put in not two weeks, but a month's notice. Because I'm too nice not to. Except in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just weird. It would totally freak me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED that movie. And I also loved that my car was in the same spot when I came out,...although I did NOT love that the battery was completely dead and I had to wander around asking strangers for jumper cables. Maybe that movie has some kind of weird power over cars...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.