Monday, July 26, 2010

Goings On

-Friday and Saturday, my niece and nephew stayed with us while their parents went to go watch a Mariners game and have a little weekend getaway in Seattle. On Friday, we drove over to my parent's house to swim. They have an above-ground pool that is the PERFECT size for kids their age, and they were totally hilarious the entire time.


-My aunt also gave me my birthday present early-- The Help!!! I am so excited to read it. I feel like I have been on the waiting list at the library forever! I am trying to make myself finish the library book that I'm currently halfway through, but we'll see. I want to read it really bad.

-After Payton and Logan went home, we had someone from a traveling music ministry stay with us for the night. My sister and Justin's brother were both in the program for a year, so it was nice to be able to help out. Still, it's been a busy two weeks in terms of guests. It's been two weeks in a row of solid guests! 

-This morning, Lizzy WOULD. NOT. NAP. At one point, I walked into her room and saw this:

 I'd seen her pull herself to standing a couple of times before, but this was the first time I caught her doing it in her crib. Looks like it's time to lower the mattress!

-Tomorrow, I have to get up at like 3am. Good Lord. I'm going to shoot my brother's senior pictures, and he wants to do them at sunrise (and we have quite a drive to get where we're going). I just can't get over how early that is. It is SO early that none of the coffee places here will be open! But, in his words, I am pretty sure the shoot will be "epic".

-This next picture is technically bad (I forgot to switch the ISO and had left it at 1600), but I love it anyway.
Baby feet make me swoon.

6 comments:

  1. love all the pics, but especially the baby feet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is VERY early, but I bet the pics will be great. Maybe you will get a nap later in the day.

    SWEET baby feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Lizzy in her crib is adorable! I love when they do cute things like that and you can't be mad that they're not napping like they are supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever been to Multinoma (did I spell that right?) Falls? You mentioning you have to get up super early to drive somewhere reminded me that we were going get up early and drive there from Seattle when we were there last fall, but it didn't end up working out. Jon grew up in Washington/Oregon, and always talks about Multinoma falls and taking me there someday. I have seen pictures, and it looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got The Help! That means I don't have to send it to you in the mail. ;) Lizard is big. I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you share the pics of the photoshoot! Would love to see some sunrise/senior portrait pics!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.