Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Saga Continues

Last night, Justin was giving Lizzy her bath in the kitchen sink, when all of a sudden I heard more than a little bit of swearing coming from his direction. I poked my head around the corner, and saw Justin doing a little dance.

"There was a freaking earwig on her neck!" he exclaimed.

"Ha. Very funny," I replied.

"Why would I joke about that?! There was an earwig on her neck!!!"

"WHAT?! Really? You're not joking? How did it get there?!" I frantically replied.

"I don't know! Remember, there was one crawling on me last night too. I keep seeing them everywhere."

*Dies*

I am all itchy just thinking about them. Blech. As we have already established, I HATE earwigs with a passion. {PS-If you don't know what an earwig is, I would NOT suggest Googling it. I did once, and almost threw up.} I know that they don't ACTUALLY crawl into your ear and burrow into your brain, but it's still possible that they could crawl into other body orifices just for kicks. And even if they don't, those suckers pinch, and it hurts like heck. And the thought of one pinching my baby girl makes me want to cry.

It took every fiber of my being not to run to Wal-Mart right that moment to buy some Home Defense spray or something. I refrained, but you best believe that I'll be heading there first thing in the morning.

6 comments:

  1. Ew. Ew. Ew. I'd probably be doing the crazy dance right along with Justin. I don't do bugs of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have definitely scared me too. Good luck on getting rid of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! We have had these in the house too. I had never seen one until this year. I need to spray too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewwww I HATE them too! They are SO gross!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AUUUUGH! Gross. I'm so sorry! We don't have a lot of them, for which I'm very thankful following this post.

    PS: The word verification is oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I HATE THOSE EFFING THINGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.