Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Shameless Self-Promotion

Check out my guest blog over on The Domestic Wannabe to read all about my day-to-day life as a new mom, of course, new pictures of Lizzy are included!

Do you all remember the long design process where I fretted over every little thing in Lizzy's nursery? You all were such great help and offered excellent advice. Between my ideas, your advice, Justin's labor, and a lot of help from friends and family, we ended up with a non-traditional nursery that we LOVE.


I love that the walls aren't pink. I love that Lizzy has an awesome tree mural painted by her amazing Aunt Renee that will hopefully grow with her. I love that Lizzy's bedding was made by Lizzy's Grandma Joyce. I love that her dresser was Justin's growing up (which we refinished). I love that in a moment of craftiness, I made some DIY wall art.



In all honesty, Lizzy's nursery was the first time that I was able to take an idea (or a "DESIGN CONCEPT" as I'm sure they'd say on design star) and actually implement it in real life. And we did it on budget {read all about the total cost here} And I am so proud of the nursery. I hope that you all like it too.

If you do, I hope that you'll vote for Lizzy's Nursery in The Bump's Real Nursery Contest. The grand prize is a family vacation to one of the Beaches resorts in Jamaica. I cannot even begin to explain how incredible that vacation would be.


CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR LIZZY'S NURSERY

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh hope you win! I voted! I personally loved everything you did with the nursery, the colors that you picked are very similar to the ones that I hope to use if we are blessed with a little girl someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's so gorgeous. I love that the walls aren't pink too :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your nursery, it gets my vote every time! :) I just read your post about Mommy and Me swimming. Did your local pool conduct this class? Do you do it during the week or on weekends? It looks like a great class and something I would love to do with Jillian. Let me know whenever you get a chance, thanks!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.