Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Snippets

- Thank you all for your input and thoughts about Lizzy losing weight last week. We went back to the doctor yesterday, and she had gained weight like a champ. She had a few formula bottles over the weekend due to J's sister's wedding, which we were both in, but I think we've settled back into a routine of nursing every feeding except the last of the day, coupled with as much solids as she's interested in (which is a lot).

-I forgot my camera to the wedding. I am hoping someone got a picture of the three of us (we posed for like 50...let's just hope one actually makes it to us!). 

-Our air conditioner in our car is broken. Boo.

-Have I mentioned that Lizzy now has several teeth? Yeah, that was a fun process.

-I had forgotten how much cramps suck.

- All the lettuce in our garden bolted. It is too dang hot. I am trying to decide whether it's worth it to replant. In other garden news, we have lots of green tomatoes. I wish they'd hurry up and get red! I am ready to make things!

-I still HATE earwigs. I killed four of them on our couch this morning.

-Edited to add--I think this post sounds kinda whiny.  But really, life is good with me, my sweet husband, and Lizzy!

8 comments:

  1. My car air conditioner was broken last summer. You know, the summer of hell. It sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can be a happy camper and still whine a little :o) sometimes you just have to get it off your chest!

    oh and I think earwigs sounds disgusting. i'm sorry about those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness! I couldn't live withough Car AC (Well I could but it would suck!) Whining is definitely allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ick, I dispise earwigs! All our lettuce died too, something about us having the hottest June in the last 100 years followed up with no rain and major heat and humidity until this past week. Booooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, sometimes we need to whine a little bit! :) I need to go and check my lettuce, but it's so hot I don't even want to go outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whine away. No AC in the car is murder in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've kind of fallen off the map with school, but I'm trying to keep up. Just wanted to say, coming from a Mom with a teeny baby, that this stuff happens and I'm glad you found a solution that helped her gain weight. I had those awkward doctor visits about weight gain too, but now that there's more data showing I've just got a little one they've laid off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to hear Lizzie gained some weight. I am sure it was just a little tweaking was all she needed!

    You are entitled to whine or vent, it's your blog! :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.