Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Easiest Way to Get Beachy Curls--No Curling Iron Needed.


You guys have to check out this video from thelipstickdiaries that shows a quick way to get natural looking waves/curls overnight with no heat. I tried it the other night and really liked it, but I would definitely recommend heeding her suggestion to wait until your hair is 80-90% dry before doing it.

Now, even if you can't watch the video, jump ahead to 7:02 to see what the hair looks like when you're finished. The first night I tried this, I didn't tell Justin what I was doing, and I was a little worried that he would think I was insane with my hair rolled like that, but he didn't comment at all and make fun of me tons. Yesterday, I was telling my sister about this new technique and told Justin, "Yeah, that's why my hair looked weird when we went to bed last night."

He responded, "Oh, I hadn't even noticed."

Awesome. 

8 comments:

  1. haha, his comment just cracks me up! I'll have to check out the tutorial and see how it works, my hair usually goes try to frizz unless I use a curling iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am trying this tonight! I honestly think in the video her hair up looks really cute like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, obviously, we need a picture of the curls on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I soo want to try this TONIGHT but I'm not sure if I'll have the time. Soon, though...very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I washed my hair, blow dried it a tad, and then proceeded to do the weavingy thing. I look absolutely hilarious. There are pictures but I'm pulling faces in every single one of them. I'll just draw it and put it on my blog, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try this, too, I just pinned it last night. Is her accent not just to die for? I spent an hour watching some of her other videos on youtube just because I like hearing her talk, lol.
    And yes, this post is just useless without a picture of you in the curls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I decided to try this today. I'm rocking the head band at work & will take it out later for the curls & I have gotten SO MANY compliments on my hair & people wanting to know how I did it. Random strangers gave stopped me even! I think just the head band look is super cute! Can't wait to see if my hair will hold the curls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally had a chance to try this over the weekend and it WORKED! I was so amazed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.