Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Quick Update

Apparently, there's virtually no place in town that has free wi-fi anymore. What's with that?

So, I only have time for a quick update before I have to take Justin to work. I've been going to the gym between dropping him off at 7 and when I have to be at work at 9. I've also been catching up on some reading. I've gotta tell you though--after all those years of rowing, I am NOT a morning person. I know that waking up at 5:45am is not that early in the grand scheme of things, but it feels like torture to me.

The headache is back. Lucky me.

Bible Study was fantastic last night--though I'll be honest, I'm not sure that the content matters much at all. It's just nice to have hope that J and I might actually have friends our age again someday. It was hard to go--K ended up with strep throat, and James had a meeting for his India trip, so we had to walk into it all by ourselves. But everyone was very welcoming and kind. We knew two of the couples (James' brothers and their wives) so that helped. Next week, I'll probably go alone since Justin has to work, but you know what? I think I will.

I am so ready for it to be the weekend--but also so not, because it may mean not seeing Justin for awhile. Still, there are great opportunities for him, both monetarily, and in terms of a possible promotion, and so I'm absolutely trying to support him (and respect! I keep forgetting about the respect!) 100%, even if it isn't the thing that makes me most happy in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Bible Student went fantasticaly and even better that you will hopefully get some friends your age out of it. I hope we get that lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on making it to the gym lady. And I hear you, early morning workouts are not my thing when I have an option after so many years of not having the option lol!

    I completely agree with you regarding Bible study, the relationships seem to take precedence with our group as well.

    Good luck to Justin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.