Monday, September 21, 2009

Justin Says...

Straight from J's mouth (er, hands)....

Alyssa (right?) from My Husband's Watching TV asked: What was the first thought that went through your head when you found out you were going to be a dad?

I was just very happy. I've been wanting to have kids since before we were married.

Megs from She Wasn't Pretty asked: Have you ever installed a toilet where there was radiant hot water heating? How do you prevent the wax ring from melting? The toasty warm tile floors are nice in the winter but now I'm starting to see a little of the melted wax around the toilet base. Not good, I'm guessing! :(

Your radiant tubing is too close to your toilet. It should have been installed at least 8 inches away from the toilet. Fortunately you can go to a hardware store or Lowes or Home Depot and buy a non wax ring. Or if you had a plumber do it you can call him and have him come and install it for you.

Kait from My Crazy Unpredictable Life asked: I want to know if Justin still wants to buy a duplex? And when he's going to convince my husband to get the heck outta the military and move home so we CAN buy the duplex?

Yes I do want to buy a duplex but that's when we get old. In the meantime, after Jesse gets out you can come buy the house next to us and we can be neighbors. But when we get old and our kids move out we should definitely buy a duplex or build one on some acreage. Just as long as you and Meredith put us back in our own rooms when we fall asleep drunk on the front porch. Or you could just leave us where we are.

Kait also wanted to know: What's the one thing you are looking forward to the most about having a little girl?

Being her superman.

Allie from A&E's 101 asked: Any tips on installing a new counter top/sink combo to an existing bathroom vanity?

If you're concerned about it not turning out the way you want it, then hire someone to do it for you. Personally I have never done it.

Emily from Imperfect asked: What's your favorite thing about your job?

I like doing something different almost every day. For example: one day I'll be on the excavator all day, and the next I'll be installing gas piping, and the next day I'll be installing radiant floors, and the next day I'll be running parts all day or helping our service plumber and doing some drain cleaning calls. Its just nice to be doing something different all the time. I was a drywaller out of high school and there are only a few aspects to drywalling . Don't get me wrong, I loved it but there's not a lot of money in it and the economy tanked right before I was going to get married. But there are so many parts to plumbing that I'll be learning all about it for the rest of my life. And I also have the knowledge for when I build a house of my own.

Taryn from The Colorado Desert had lots of questions! First up, she asked: What is your favorite thing about your wife?

She balances me out. We are exact opposites and I think that we work really well together. When we met at 16 she was the one that I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life together with and that still stands today.

Then: What is your favorite animal, color, food, tree, house plant?

Dog, blue and green, bacon, maple, and plants belong outside.

And: Shower or bath?

Bubble bath most definitely.













Alright it's really shower.

And finally: What is your favorite part of being in a band? Your least favorite part of being in the band?

I love playing music. And for the most part I enjoy playing with my family. But sometimes playing with family can get really annoying. We get off topic all the time and we knowingly inconvenience each other more than we should because we are family and we'll tolerate it more.

Lisa from Little to Big asked: How would you feel if you met someone for the first time and they humped your leg?

I don't know LISA what did I do? Now, I'd probably ask you to even it out and do it to the other leg.

8 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks for taking a minute to indulge your wife's readers, Justin. I vote for a monthly plumbing tutorial for the women of the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Justin! Can't wait for you to post again!!! (Yes, I'm Alyssa!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Justin is a funny guy. :)

    And his answer to Kait's question is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Justin you make me laugh! :)

    And, I am not sure if Jesse's skinnier just yet, but he sure is thin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so fun! Thanks for letting us know more about you. = )

    (I like my houseplants in the house- but I guess outside it good too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny! Next time I'll come up with a question for J!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Thanks for the answer. :) And wouldn't you know a couple days after I posted the question, my toilet started leaking! It was more like condensation on the tile, not a puddle. After an experienced family friend took it all apart, we discovered that the wax ring had melted then became extremely brittle.

    But it was as good of a time as ever to replace that old thing so I got ridiculously excited about the new toilet. "Matt, come here and look at the POWER of this thing! Listen to how quiet it is." We even joked about who got to christen it first. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.