Monday, September 7, 2009

Nursery Progress

Well, the fabrics are officially chosen. The paint is almost up on the walls (I've done pretty much everything except edging the top, and I don't trust myself standing on a chair right now, lol! I also didn't finish the top of one of the walls, because it was hurting me to reach that high now I'm just waiting for J to get home from drywalling to help me finish) Interestingly enough, I didn't end up going with any of the previous paint contenders--none of them were *quite* what I was looking for. The failed attempt at getting Home Depot to lighten one of their shades actually ended up working to my advantage, because gave me the opportunity to choose the fabrics first, and then get paint that went with those fabrics.

You'll have to forgive the camera phone pictures, but here are the three main fabrics that we'll be using in the nursery--a pink with small floral, a textured white, and a blue stripe. I hope that Elizabeth doesn't really turn out to be a Caleb, because he would have a pretty darn girlie nursery!

My mom also told me that she'd like to make a "crazy quilt". I've blogged about the Crazy Quilt that I inherited, and how sad I am that it's biting the dust. Funny story here--I always thought my grandmother made the quilt because my mom would talk about the fact that it was grandma's quilt. In actuality, it was HER grandmother's quilt. All these years, I was so sentimentally attached to something that wasn't even made by the person I thought made it! Anyway, I still love the quilt, and I am THRILLED that my mom is making me a new one for the baby, and it was so fun picking out some crazy and unique fabrics to go with it:


Next, we were off to the paint store, where we settled on Ace's "Forgotten Secret" color:


Although I'm not sure you can tell here, the paint color is actually just a half-shade darker than the color of the turquoise striped fabric. I tried to take a picture of the paint up on the walls, but so far it was photographing as a robin's egg blue, when really, in person, it's pretty true to the above color (don't you HATE that!?). So you'll just have to trust me on that, and that a room so "blue" can actually be a cute as heck girl's room!

Align CenterNext up: Laminate floors and wall mural!

7 comments:

  1. I love the quilt idea! Aww. I can't wait to have a nursery to decorate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. Love it all. I want to learn to quilt, I so want one for myself and to be able to gift others!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see it all finished Meredith. It's going to look amazing! We made some nursery headway this weekend too, I finally picked out the bedding and ordered one of the sheets on line so I can take it to Sherwin Williams to match the paint. I am so excited for you, fun times!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that blue fabric and the blue for EB's room! My mom knows I like bright colors so she always makes me crazy quilts so I can't wait to see yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww! whats the wall mural going to be?! I paint murals for nurseries all the time. its' my forte ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be beautiful! I love the paint color you have picked out and the quilt is going to be beautiful, I love the fabric assortments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that it’s going to look absolutely lovely! I can’t wait to see it when it’s all done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.