Thursday, October 9, 2008

I had a feeling...

My father in law is a wonderful man. He has a good heart. However, he has one particularly pesky habit that makes me incredibly uncomfortable--he tends to like "interventions" and surprise counseling sessions. I hate them, and they make me SO uncomfortable.

I had a feeling that tonight's worship service was actually one of these aforementioned interventions/surprise counseling sessions in response to the events of Monday night. I was aware that almost everyone else had already gotten together and discussed, and so I was figuring this, or something like it was coming.

We got there, and the service was of confession and absolution. Basically, the concept is that you confess areas where you haven't loved in the ways we're called to be loved. Then, the other people say aloud that they forgive you, with the goal being that they actually DO forgive you, and don't continue to carry that grudge. Oh lord, was it uncomfortable. I grew up in the Lutheran church, and I have never, ever seen this before. But, it DID accomplish the task of discussing Monday night without any yelling, screaming, or laying blame, which I am completely grateful for, because screaming matches make me even more uncomfortable than interventions. And at the end of the night, we were all eating pizza and laughing like we haven't laughed in a long time.

Really though, with all the events of the last few days, it almost sent me over the edge into one of those sobbing-uncontrollably-for-hours stages. Seriously though, I feel like I need a vacation. And not even a vacation somewhere else, because that's a lot of work. I'd be happy with a vacation much like our honeymoon, where we just turned off our phones, laid around, read, watched movies, and our ONLY task of the day was to stumble out for dinner.

So, tomorrow we find out about the house. I am still not sure what to think. I do love the house, and I do know that we could make this work. However, a small part of me hopes that the offer isn't accepted just because it would mean not having to constantly justify our decision to our families, not having people look at us like we're terrible people any time we eat out at Taco Bell, and most importantly, not having to MOVE, which is the bane of my existence. A small portion of my mind thinks we've lost our minds even considering buying a house in this economy. Still, the majority of my mind still really hopes we'll have a house tomorrow. Ugh. It's gonna be a loooonnnngggggg day tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mere. I am excited to hear the news. Just roll with the punches... :) Suerte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you lady.

    I'm glad you made it out alive, those sessions can be pure torture sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.