Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Til I Collapse

Okay, so house update of the day. C&G said yes to the gifting, on the condition that we write up a budget for the next 4 months at least, and send them a link to the house. We just sent off an email to them. They'll likely call later tonight to discuss. So, we submitted our paperwork back to the bank today, and should hear within 48 hours. The good news is that at least the bank didn't say "Oh, sorry, we've already accepted another offer!"

I really do have to say that I am completely exhausted. I am also starting to get a little freaked out about this economy. A family member got laid off today (and then subsequently hired elsewhere), and it just hit a little close to home. However, both Justin's and my employer's are aware that we are house-hunting, and have both given us the impression that it's fairly safe to do so. So, that's a little more comfortable.

However, I'm also pretty impressed with our budget, and I'm hoping C&G are too. If anything, we WAY overestimated our expenses, and most of the time, with ALL of our expenses accounted for, we have a surplus of $400-$800 each month. That's pretty darn good considering most of America spends more than they make. We are definitely living within our means. Granted, most of that money gets spent on who knows what, but the bottom line is that we spend because it IS a surplus. Yes, we should put more of that money into savings, and I hope to do that in the future. But, when it's come down to crunch time, and we don't have any money, we can go 2+ weeks without spending a cent.

Seriously though, I'm tired of talking about money. I'm just ready for bed!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.