Monday, February 9, 2009

Almost Done!

I came home from work tonight and discovered that J and his dad had just about finished the living room! I didn't bother to whip out the DSLR, so you'll have to forgive the crappy pictures with spots. I promise I'll take better pics soon (maybe even with natural light!), but I was just so stinking excited, I had to share a bit now.

Okay, so to refresh your memory, here's what the living room looked like when we bought the place in November:

And, here's what the place looks like now! We still have a bit of work to do, but we're getting really close to being finished.


Still left to do:
-Transition strips
-Put on trim
-Assemble other side table for the other table lamp, get rid of current lamp
-Install double curtain rod. Possibly get cream/white colored sheers.
-Finalize art placement
-Buy new TV stand, or repaint the current one (any ideas?).
-Try to convince J to let me center the bookshelves!

10 comments:

  1. For a moment I just saw "Repaint the TV" and thought, No no nonono!!

    Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good!

    I too thought it said, "repaint the tv." I was like, I don't think that will work. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT! It looks great! Where did you get the curtains? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking great! I love the color of the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shep, I got the curtains on super clearance from JC Penny a couple months ago. The brown sheers in the middle are from Wally world or somewhere like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It's gorgeous. It doesn't even look like the same house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks awesome! I love the floors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the floors! They really look awesome, especially with the color of the rug. The room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya know...it did seem to take a while for the dumplings...an hour maybe? Although I guess it really depends on how "mushy" people like them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.