Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Updates/Shameless Family Promotion

First, can I just say how much I HATED going to the doctor yesterday? I'm now on several different antibiotics that make me feel like crap. But even worse, they weighed me. Now, I've pretty much been going to the gym faithfully at least 3 times a week. I'm actually working hard, not just phoning it in. I was starting to feel like I was getting a little bit toned, and the other night, J even commented that my stomach seemed a lot smaller lately. Yeah, and then they weighed me, and I weigh more than I've ever weighed in my life. By a lot. I know that it shouldn't be all about the number, but that just really sucks. It should be an increased motivator but really, it just makes me want to do nothing at all.

In other news, I've got Taco Soup in the crock pot. I made some alterations to make it healthier (ground turkey instead of ground beef, subbed some pinto beans for some black beans), and while normally J wouldn't eat that stuff at all, I'm betting that he won't even notice.

And now for the shameless family promotion...okay, so I've been talking on the blog a bit about the band that J is a part of, but haven't really promoted it on the blog for security reasons. That said, I've been altering the Myspace page for the group and uploading a new version of their song. In the process, I decided to make things a little more generic and a little less location specific (they're actually getting quite a few friends on Myspace, and it just feels more comfortable for anyone and everyone not to be able to track us all down).

ANYWAY, the link to the band's Myspace page is www.myspace.com/wearesecondbest.

I'd love for you all to check it out--all the music is original, and I might be a little bit biased, but I think they're fantastic. My hubby sings lead on the song "For God Alone" (Ryan wrote it), Renee wrote and sings lead on "Where Is Your Cross" and "The One". Ryan and Renee both sing lead on "Stay Awhile."

I'm also pretty proud of my layout design--I've never worked with a top banner layout before, but I thought it turned out nicely.

End shameless family promotion. PS, I know you can find my personal Myspace page through the band's page... and I don't mean to sound bitchy here, but if we're not already friends, please don't try to add me. As much as I love nesties, I draw the Myspace friends line on people that I actually know in real life. Just thought I'd get that out there...

4 comments:

  1. I hate getting weighed at the doctor. I always weigh more there. I am certain you are looking more toned so I wouldn't worry about the scale!

    Taco soup sounds delicious. I haven't made it in awhile, but it's always one of my favs.

    and promote away! The band sounds fantastic, and you did a wonderful job on the site layout. I had to LOL at your warning at the bottom. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myspace:Facebook::Unprotected anonymous sex:condoms.

    Or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work on the top of the myspace page is awesome. I really like it. Great pics of everyone!

    One thing to remind you of: muscle (which comes from working out) weighs a lot more than fat. No one every believes how much I weigh (because it is a lot) and it doesn't look that way when you are in good athletic shape. So don't worry about numbers. Just keep going by how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been working out more lately too and my weight is going up. It's annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.