Monday, February 16, 2009

Are you kidding me?

So J had to be at the airport at 5am this morning, and he'll be gone for at least a week, but more likely 2-3. He may get to come back in between--we're not sure. I drove home from the airport, stopped to get gas, and took a nap. Woke up around 9:30am to take the cat in to get her nails trimmed. I got one street, and the car...the NEW car that we bought just last June...died. I will start, and run, but it will not STAY running for any extended period of time. Of course this happens--the minute J goes out of town, the car that we have had absolutely no problems with breaks. Have I mentioned that it is our only car?

So, I call my dad to see if he can come over to look at it, who says that they are on their way to see an orthopedist. Kev hurt his wrist snowboarding, but they did x-rays and they don't think it's broken, but they just have to go check in with the orthopedist and he'll be over later. The doctor just gave him vicodin and told him not to share with his friends or his mother (okkkaaaayyyyy). A few minutes later, I got a call from my dad--Kev has to have surgery today at 12:30pm. Obviously, my dad needs to be there.

Yeah, no clue how I'll be getting to work tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. blech to the car and the surgery! I'm sorry my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch. chris and I only have one car too- it is nice and not so nice to only have one. Now is one of those- not so nice times, eh? I am sorry. I hope you can work something out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is "newtons law of deployment"...At least thats what I call it. And it says "Anything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong, after they leave." Hugs to you friend! We'll have a ladies night this week sometime for sure and enjoy some stress-free time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.