Sunday, November 16, 2008

Almost Home.

Well, things are really almost starting to feel like home here. Almost all the rooms are painted, and pretty much all the big stuff is moved in. And I've gotta say, I'm really liking how things are coming together. There are just a few things that need to be purchased, put together, and hung. I'm hopeful that by the end of the week, at least the living room will feel like HOME. I also plan to have some pictures in the next few days, but blogger is slow today.

Kait came over this evening, which was such a blessing. I needed a friend tonight--I've been in a really sad mood all day. I'm having a difficult time not shutting down completely. This weather doesn't help--I always tend to be depressed in the winter, and the news from yesterday has kicked it into high gear. It's weird though, because Justin and I are so excited about the house and moving in...but also just sad, upset, and have a little bit of hurt feelings. We UNDERSTAND the situation, and why the choice was made, and we will support our friends in whatever they decide, but it's also hard not to be sad. I'm sorry that this is so cryptic, but the news hasn't been fully announced publicly, and I'm not entirely sure who reads this blog. I do know that one of the people I'm referring to does read the blog, and I hope she doesn't take offense to this. It's just hard to imagine life without them here. And it's hard to think that we might not see them again for a very long time. And Justin and I are just really sad. I don't know of any other word to use to describe the feeling.

Tomorrow is supposed to be my day off, but it won't be. It's actually going to be quite a crazy day. I am anticipating that there's going to be some drama. I'm hoping there won't be. But I think there probably will be. I just hope that it doesn't come from my husband.

2 comments:

  1. I love you both dearly :) It was nice to hang out tonight. I needed a friend too! You know where you can find me anytime! I can't wait until Jesse and I are BOTH in Oregon a little more permanantly! :) Oh and let me know when you get that third book shelf, I'll come help put it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! So happy for you that it's all coming together. Post those pictures, we can't wait to see - even if it's not completely "done" - because you know that will take years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.