Sunday, November 9, 2008

Isn't it Ironic?

I find it incredibly ironic that the people who have negative things to say about us buying a house are the ones who:

a) Don't really know much about our actual situation or ability to purchase a house.
OR
b) Think they have a good idea about what the real estate market SHOULD look like, but don't have any actual information on the real estate market HERE.

I've been hearing a lot of, "You should NEVER pay more than the list price on a house." OR "You should NEVER be the one to replace the carpet in the house--the seller should ALWAYS do that." OR "Aren't you a little young to be buying a house? Don't you want to make sure that you actually stay married first?" People, generalizations are the devil. Don't tell me that I shouldn't do something because your cousin's best friend's boyfriend's sister ended up getting foreclosed on for doing the same thing we're doing--first, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe you might not know the whole situation with your cousin's best friend's boyfriend's sister. And I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that you PROBABLY aren't really familiar with our personal finances either. Therefore, you PROBABLY don't have any reason to give your opinion on this matter.

Isn't it ironic, dontcha think?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word. That sucks man. I can't believe some of those comments, especially the don't you want to see if you stay married?

    People like puffing up their own self importance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.