Saturday, November 22, 2008

Turkey and Vodka.

Today's been a busy day. Ryan and Renee stopped by on their way into town, and we just chatted for a bit. Mostly about nothing. It was good to see them, and their kids. Ryan helped Justin move in the infamous china hutch, which I still despise and Justin loves. How did I end up with a husband that feels so strongly about bedskirts, stemmed wine glasses, and all things wooden? Needless to say, despite my hatred for the hutch, it does make a nice spot for all my alcohol related glasses, and consequently I've basically turned it into a bar.

Later in the day, my parents stopped by. They helped us move a box of stuff over, and then brought Kev over to see the apartment. I think we got a lot accomplished, though it doesn't particularly feel like it. There is just still so much to do. And so much shit still in our apartment--but it feels like the house is already full. I have half a mind just to throw everything else that's left in the apartment away.

I have a tester turkey in the oven right now. I will probably use an oven bag on actual Thanksgiving day, but right now I'm testing without one. I basically followed PW's recipe, but without brining, and adding some spices under the skin. I really hope that I turns out--and I'm so glad that I'm not doing my first one ever on Thanksgiving!

Edit: I just realized that I never explained the vodka--while cooking the turkey, I enjoyed a lovely strawberry, pineapple, banana and vodka drink...mmmmm good! Unfortunately, the combo of turkey and vodka is making me VERY sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.