Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update on Today

So, after I updated this morning, things went from bad to worse. I really want to lay out all the bullshit drama on the table here on my blog, but my gut instinct is that it probably wouldn't be a good idea since it's mostly work related. Basically, the situation is that there are two people in the office who don't get along. They both essentially try to start arguments and get each other in trouble--one does it FAR more often than the other does, and when it comes to the one who doesn't usually start the drama, when she DOES, it's far more often reactionary than anything else. And to tell you the truth, sometimes I don't blame her for as much crap as she puts up with. I don't have a problem with either one (I am finding myself in the peacekeeping role a LOT), but sometimes it feels like they both want others in the office to take "their" side. They want dirt about the other person. So anyway, a miscommunication that happened about a photo shoot this morning turned into way more drama than necessary. Whatever.

One of the good parts about the day was that I came into work and vented about the whole situation--the deck, the miscommunication, some family frustrations, etc. to another co-worker. She has a background in mental health, and is a VERY strong Christian, and just a great source of encouragement. She and I talk often about the Love Dare, and so she gave me some great ideas and words of encouragement. After talking with her, I felt like such a jerk for being so snappy with my husband when he called that morning. For example, she suggested that rather than snap ( or just stew) at Justin the next time he pops on a movie instead of helping me pack, that I could say something to the effect of, "Babe, I can see you've had a rough week at work and need some time to relax. I'm happy to handle the packing now--but do you think that you might be able to do most of the loading/unloading on and from the moving truck?" Doh. She's totally right. He HAS had a rough week at work. And he WILL be doing most of the loading/unloading. And I probably wouldn't like how he packs things anyway (thrown into a box rather than wrapped, sorted, etc).

So, I got home from the allergy appointment, and the front porch is already 90% cleaned off. I immediately called Justin to thank him profusely. Remember how I said that I had been snappy at Justin on the phone? When he called, he was on his break from work and headed back to clean off the porch. Normally, he would have made it back before I left for the day, so I wouldn't have even been upset when I went to leave from work. But little did he know, I left early today to go help with a photo shoot (that I didn't end up needing to be at anyway). So he was mad at me for being snappy about something that he was already on his way to do, and I was mad at him because I had left early, and as far as I was concerned, it still hadn't been done (nor did I know he intended to do it).

I am now at home, slowly getting ready to go see that comedian tonight, and drinking my diet pepsi. I am now a much happier camper. Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.