Friday, November 7, 2008

Crack Dip and Yay for Old Navy!


I ordered a pea coat from ON online yesterday, and I'm so excited to order from the tall section and have a coat that actually will be long enough! I LOVE the blue one above, but I ended up going with black, because I already have a few colored ones, and always wish that I had a black one. Anyway, today I happened to log on to Old Navy to check my order and noticed that they had all gone to 50% off today. Of course. I order at full price and it goes to 50% off the next day. Figures. Anyway, I called ON, and they will honor the sale price! So yay! I wasn't sure about the sizing, so I erred bigger rather than smaller--I really hope that it fits!


Remember how I said that the best tasting things in life usually don't LOOK good? This is true here as well. I know, crack dip doesn't look particularly appetizing, but it is SO good. Hence the name...it's so good, it's like crack. Seriously. My version of crack dip is different than most people's so here it is:

Crack Dip:
1 box low fat cream cheese
1 16 oz container low fat sour cream
1 bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 bottle bacon pieces (try Hormel's 2.8 oz version)
pinch of minced garlic.

Mix all ingredients together, and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Serve over sourdough bread, crackers, or pretzels.

2 comments:

  1. Well thanks a lot for telling me that things are on sale. Now I will be forced to buy something! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that ON honored the sale! Score! {hehe, I don't know why I keep saying that}

    Love the crack dip recipe, it sounds fabulous and I've never made it . .. yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.