Friday, November 21, 2008

Genuis!

So, I hate updating my iTunes to the newest version. I avoid it as long as possible--usually until I can't buy anything new from the store before making purchases. Which is exactly what happened last night when I attempted to purchase Top Chef (LOVE!). So I reluctantly upgraded to iTunes 8.something. And Justin proceeded to snatch the computer away from me for the next hour and a half to play with the newest addition to iTunes, which is called Genius.

I have a feeling we're was behind on the times here, but it really is pretty cool. Basically, you click on a song in your library, and Genius creates a playlist for you of songs that go well together. I'm pretty much the master playlist maker, and I have to say, it does a pretty good job. A playlist created from "The General" by Dispatch yields songs by State Radio (which is basically Dispatch), Steve Miller Band, Weezer, Incubus, OAR, Rusted Root, etc. Definitely all music that would flow together well.

When making the playlist, it also pops up with recommendations for songs that you might like as well. I'm finding this aspect doesn't work so well with really obscure bands, or things that weren't purchased from iTunes, but is pretty awesome for more mainstream stuff.

For once in my life, I'm telling y'all to update your shit!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.