Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hippo and Giraffe

In college, I had the most fantastic roommate, Lisa. Well, I suppose that I actually had two roommates, but that's another story for another time.

In some moment of craziness, we decided to assign animals or Disney characters to all the members of our eclectic co-ed hall. It was immediately decided that I was a giraffe--I'm freakishly tall, and incredibly clumsy like a baby giraffe.

My roommate Lisa assigned herself a hippo. I have no idea why she's a hippo because she's neither fat nor ugly, but I suppose she does smile as big as a hippo does. Nevertheless, our room was promptly named "The Jungle", and ever since I've had a soft spot in my heart for hippos and giraffes.

Now, back to the present. Both Saturday and today, I ended up eating at McDonalds. Let me be clear: I HATE McDonalds. There is nothing there that I like at all, not even salads, because half the salads are covered in cilantro. Nevertheless, I was not the one choosing, so I went along. At McDonalds, when I'm forced to go, I order a chicken nugget happy meal with apples and milk--I figure it's a small portion and not all that bad for you. Without further adieu, here are the toys that I received Saturday and today:

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! Haha, this is amazing. I cannot believe it. And here I was thinking that McDonald's was Satan's spawn...it looks like it does have some good to offer the world after all!

    Haha, and I just named myself the hippo relative to your giraffeness. And because I am short and stocky. And because I was hoping that you weren't offended by me calling you a giraffe, and was trying to reciprocate the exaggeration towards myself as well haha.

    And thus was born the jungle. Ethan still calls himself Baloo by the way. But he also has quite the affection for whales...

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Thanks for referring to me as fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.