Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Adventures in Knitting.

So, because Justin and I have seriously been trying to cut down our Christmas spending this year, I've been attempting to make a few gifts, including a couple of scarves. This has become especially important with my impulse shopping as of late, including the below dress ($20 at Wal-Mart!) and a couple of cute henleys with heart-shaped buttons (also at Wally World).


I SO should not have purchased these things along with the latest issues of Marie Claire and Glamour today. However, for under $40 for all of the above, I'm just gonna keep trying to convince myself that it will be okay, and do some more knitting as pennance. I already completed one scarf and when we were moving, I found another that I had started, but hadn't finished. The only problem? It's taken me DAYS to figure out what stitch I was using. Nothing logical seems to line up. Tonight, I came across something that looks very similar, so I'm just probably gonna call it good.

Here's the scarf tonight, after I knitted the top 4-8 rows. I think that from the front, it looks pretty much the same as the previous knitting, right? Tonight, I tried knit two, purl two; and then purl two, knit two for the next row.
However, from the BACK, the stitches definitely look a little bit different. See below (ps, the coloring in this picture is more true to life than the coloring in the above picture). See how the stitches towards the left of the picture look different than the stitches towards the right?


It almost looks like I INVERTED the stitches, doesn't it? But if that's the case I wonder why the other side looks the same? It almost looks like I did one row of knit two, purl two, followed by a whole row of knitting or purling. I don't know if I have the energy or patience to try and figure it out...who looks at the back side of a scarf anyway?

Any knitters out there have any ideas?

In other news, I don't have to be at work until 11am tomorrow morning, AND I'm going to that Bible Study tomorrow night. And maybe I'll even wear the hot red dress. It's going to be a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I think the scarf looks great, and it is not much of a difference. I would wear it without the slightest thought, that's for sure.

    And, I want to see a picture of you IN the hot red dress...if you have an opportunity for such a photo. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.