Thursday, December 11, 2008

La Buena Vida

What is La Buena Vida? 
It isn't a mommy blog. It isn't a photography blog. It isn't a cooking blog, or a book blog. 
It's all of those things, and sometimes none of them. 

If you look back through the archives, you may see a different sort of person and blog entirely. I wasn't perfect then..and guess what? I'm still not. But I've tried to shift focus over the course of the past few years and now my little blog, La Buena Vida, is where I hope to remember that life is good, and that I'm blessed beyond measure.

If you're new here, I'm glad to have you! I'd love to tell you a few things about myself, and give you a few places to start if you'd like to learn more.

 Justin and I met in high school, dated through college, and we got married in 2007. 
He was 19 and I was 20. We were babies, but we didn't feel like it then. 
But we were, and we've done a lot of growing up with each other. 
I've been blessed to have him by my side every step of the way. 

After we got married, we moved into a little apartment. Justin worked in the trades, and I worked at a nonprofit that advocated for children in foster care. In 2008, we bought our first house.
Initially, I thought this blog was mostly going to document our updates and renovations...
But then, in the spring of 2009, we found out that we were expecting our first daughter,
which flipped our lives upside down in a really crazy and amazing way.
 While we still update and renovate on occasion, those days tend to be few and far between.

While I was pregnant, I blogged a lot about being pregnant (shocker!). In January 2010, Lizzy was born, and life has been a whirlwind ever since. In December 2011, I found out that what I'd been calling the "mystery bruise" on my back was actually a really rare and aggressively growing form of skin cancer. It was beyond scary for me, even though my dermatologist is amazing. In January 2012, I had a procedure done that hopefully removed it. I've had a few other moles removed since then, and happily all have been benign, but it's been pretty terrifying (and expensive) each and every time. Needless to say, I'm a big proponent of using sunscreen, as well as annual checks with a dermatologist!

We welcomed our second daughter, Rebecca Allison, on November 8th, 2012.
She arrived in a whirlwind, and has continued to be a whirlwind of a kid ever since. Becca and Lizzy love each other in a way that I couldn't have ever anticipated, but it is just such an amazing thing, and one of the little blessings that I try to remember when I've been up since 3am and am on my fifth cup of coffee ;)
Now, you'll find me talking a bit about everything--photography, pregnancy/postpartum stuff, being a mama and a wife. Books...lots of books! Getting back into shape after the babies are born. Trying to decorate on a budget. Making time for my faith.  Trying to walk that line between being honest and transparent here in my little corner of the internet, while also intentionally using this blog as a way to help me remember that there's so much good in this life. I don't do it perfectly...but I try.

Still have questions? Just ask! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.