Monday, December 29, 2008

My lovely knee.

Is now in a huge freaking brace. As you can see, even my lounge pants don't really fit over the damn brace. My work slacks DEFINITELY don't fit over the brace (lucky me, they're letting me wear nicer yoga pants while I have to wear the brace). And it freaking hurts more to wear the brace than it did before I went it.

The injury isn't likely fixable by surgery. The doctor commented, "I've never seen anything like this before!" If only I had a dollar for every time a doctor had uttered that phrase to me. Appendix in the wrong place, scar tissue where I hadn't had surgery, strange reaction to anesthesia, incurable cough. Doctors always seem puzzled by me.

To add insult to injury, the doctor also said, "While I've never seen anything pop like yours does, even in a brace, the overall injury is common in rather large girls with wide hips." I seriously almost cried. I think he probably was referring more to height with the "rather large" comment, as he then said that this is the injury that female basketball players over 5'10" have 9 times out of 10 (and I am over 5'10"), no girl likes to be called "rather large". Additionally, I'm a little sensitive to the weight that I've gained in the last 3-4 months since I haven't been able to move much with the knee injury. However, the doctor gave me the okay to go spinning again (though I don't know that I'd be able to wear the brace while I'm spinning--it doesn't give much range of motion), so hopefully I'll do that tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Large? Oh man, sometimes people just have no idea. Especially doctors.

    Good news that you can go spinning though...even if it will be a bit awkward (with or without the brace)...I know when I am feeling a bit weight conscious it feels great just to start exercising again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.