Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Song

I've decided to try and start a weekly feature here on my blog called "Sunday Song". The idea is just to profile a song that I like, the video for said song, and what I like about the song. Without further adieu, here's the first song:

American Dream by Casting Crowns


While Casting Crowns has recently become a very popular band in the Christian Music scene, they've actually been making albums for about five years--their first "official" album came out in 2003, and this song was one of the songs on it. Although it wasn't ever as popular as "Who Am I?" or "Voice of Truth", this song has truly always been one of my favorites. I've been trying to get Justin et. al. to play it either at church or when they're leading worship at the homeless shelter for YEARS. For some reason, it doesn't seem to resonate with his family as much as it does for me. The chorus goes:

So he works and he builds with his own two hands
And he pours all he has in a castle made with sand
But the wind and the rain are comin' crashing in
Time will tell just how long his kingdom stands
His kingdom stands

Personally, this song resonates for me because I have been in that place where I try to do something KNOWING in my heart that it isn't where God wants me to be or do. But it seemed lucrative--I knew that I'd make money, or have more days off work. However, looking back I can say that any time I've made decisions that have blatantly defied what I know God wants me to be doing, the path that I've ended up on is never the one that I THOUGHT I'd be on. I didn't actually make all the money that I thought I would, or there were other sacrifices that I wasn't anticipating having to make in order to make the money that I planned. In other words, I've BEEN in this place where I've been building my "castle" on the sand rather than on the rock, and it never ends well. The slightest storm can make it all come crashing down.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this idea....of posting a song once a week, or once in awhile. I like it so much that I might copy it. Music is SO important, and such a big part of both of our lives! :) I really understand how powerful it can be to you...just know that you are not alone on that one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. How did you imbed a youtube video?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.